Funding opportunity to support faculty network visits
As part of the ‘Improving Patient Safety through Simulation and a Quality Assurance Cascade System’ HESL bid to support the development of the SLSN there is some funding in this last quarter to backfill salaries to support the movement of staff across the network to attend partner centres in South London for a variety of purposes.
Expressions of interest can be submitted for any retrospective or planned visits for the period 01/04/2014 to 31/03/2015.
A. Funding available
Monies are available to support network members visiting other centres to observe, shadow, or participate as additional faculty (for an individual’s development) on a training course run by another centre.
The rates below are calculated per person per day. Additionally, travel expenses can be claimed for London travel.
Rate per day
Senior faculty £629
Fellow/clinical educator £303
The following types of visits would be eligible for backfill:
• novice colleagues attending other centres to observe best practice / induction to new post
• colleagues attending other centres for on-the-job training related to using new technologies or delivering new courses
• experienced colleagues for networking purposes, or to provide guidance and support for training programmes
• centres requesting staffing support for the delivery of training
1. Put forward an expression of interest via email to Isabel.email@example.com with the subject header ‘Funding opportunity to support faculty network visits’.
2. Responsibility for arranging visits lies with the individual
3. To allow us to process the information we will then request the following:
Name of applicant
Name of Simulation centre attended
Nature of visit
Daily rate required (£629, £276 or £182 respectively)
Name of course/s (if applicable)
D. Deadline for applications is 12pm Friday 13th February
I look forward to hearing from you.
Isabel de Abreu – Service Manager
Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust | St Thomas House SaIL (Simulation and Interactive Learning) Centre | 1st Floor St Thomas House | St Thomas’ Hospital | Westminster Bridge Road | London SE1 7EH