SLSN Simulation Innovation Bids
Closing date for all expressions of interest (EOI) will be 9am on Tuesday 31st May 2016.
Simulation providers in South London are invited to express their interest in receiving funding to design a new innovative simulation course and subsequently deliver it six times. Also, to provide senior faculty support for a further two dates to be delivered at a partner centre.
Funding for these EOI’s is from the 2016-2017 award from HEE SL for :
‘Improving Patient Safety through Simulation and a Quality Assurance Cascade System’.
Full funding available per new simulation-based education innovation is £16,000.
- £4,000 is allocated for the design, testing of the innovation, supporting the innovation at partner sites on 2 x occasions.
- £12,000 (6 dates delivery x £2,000 each) for the delivery of the course.
- Minimum 14 participants per course
Phase 1 Expressions of interest must be submitted using the form to email@example.com by 9am on Tuesday 31st May 2016 using the template.
Please note: Centres are required to collect the following information about your delegates which will be used to report back to HEE SL.
The demographic data we require are:
Place of work (NHS Trust),
no of places booked,
The DNA rate and reasons
Centres will be asked to use the standardised SLSN pre/post course questionnaires which will be distributed in due course.
Cascade system for sustainability:
- £4,000 (2 dates of delivery x £2,000 each) is allocated for partner sites to deliver this innovation in their centres.
- Expressions of interest for cascade monies will be open from Friday 17th June 2016 with a closing date of 12pm Friday 8th July 2016.
This Expression of Interest document is a non-binding document. GSTT, acting on behalf of HESL, does not make any representations or provide any undertakings to Suppliers other than to invite them to submit an Expression of Interest.
It is not envisaged that on-going funding will be supplied for further course innovation or provision beyond those awarded to centres in this financial year and organisations awarded the EOI for the course applied for will need to fund or seek additional monies if they wish to provide more days of the course in the future.